Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #92 (permalink)
Live Forever
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex/ View Post
Your view of grunge is disgustingly skewed, and I recommend you actually listen to some of the music and lyrics.

I'm not claiming it's the pinnacle of music or anything, but I mean, that is not what grunge sounds like. You sound like you're describing the current wave of pop punk that's popular with girls between the age of 12 and 15.

However, your preference for the more upbeat music is entirely legitimate. I wouldn't go so far as to say that grunge wasn't "melodic", but it definitely wasn't happy stuff.
Let me clarify, I don't think that grunge sounds like that sort of stuff, perhaps my description was a bit flippant... I just think at the base of it all of this sad/angry American music is coming from people who are rebelling against an invisible antagonist. I have really no problem with Grunge, the movement, the history, and the music (and I want to hear more), I'm more just comparing the upbeat melodic nature of 90's U.K. rock to 90's U.S. rock.

I really detest most punk and metal so comparatively grunge has some classic ****.