Music Banter - View Single Post - I need some guitar suggestions.
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
rnrloser_IX
Music Addict

Another thing to keep in mind when shopping for the guitar, is that all guitars (even those of the same model) are different. The first thing I would do is just find a place with a large amount of different guitars, then just strum a few chords, without even plugging them in. That usually can give a feel for what kind of tone it will produce (warm, twangy, dull, whathave ya). Once you've got a model or two in mind, I would play that specific guitar for a good set of time before you buy it. This way, you'll be able to tell if it fits you right. Some guitars I love the tone but hate the feel (big problem with LPs). The last thing I would recommend, especially if you're hell bent on getting the right tone like I am, is to not order it online. As I said before, all guitars are different. I got a friend who makes his own guitars. They're great and one day he built 2 guitars. They were identical (electronics, hardware, design, etc.) right down to the type of tree the wood was from. The only difference was where the tree was grown, and the tones were completely different, like night and day. Good luck and happy hunting.