Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #2584 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I agree with 100% of this post.
Wait a minute, Urban didn't you once say that Once in a Lifetime changed your life?

That's like my least favorite song on the album too. And I don't really think it has THAT much world music elements, just the percussion and some of the vocal harmonies, like I Zimbra the world music stuff is subtle and it doesn't become a gimmick.

So tell me again why the first three albums are so great while somehow this is a steaming pile of puss spewing sh*t, give me a reason other than it being the most popular album.

I don't really think it's THAT much of a departure from Fear of Music, they took the best song from that album and expanded on some of the ideas explored in that. I don't think it's simply because of the world music influences that people consider it their best work, it simply has their strongest material, at least for a lot of people including me. Born Under Punches and The Great Curve are my top two Talking Heads songs.

It IS a transition album though. They really DID get really world music-ish with later albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CAVEMAN View Post
yeah but this is the unpopular music opinions thread.
I know that, I can still respond to what other people say.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 06-06-2010 at 11:57 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote