Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #2660 (permalink)
Sljslj
The Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
All of those songs you listed are pretty mediocre/barely good (OKC pushers would say otherwise about Paranoid Android, but that's them).

Where am I missing all of this stuff from? I have never once seen Radiohead given unanimous fan boy praise. None of their fans have ever claimed they're the saviors of music. Are people pulling these 'overrated' claims out of their ass, or is their some validity to them that I'm missing out on all of the time?

ps. The fact that they have a lot of plays on Last.fm doesn't justify anything. Neither do the end-of-decade/end-of-year lists littered with Radiohead releases, those are just music sources that purposely bias themselves to appeal to the fans of the music. I would hardly consider that overrating them.
They seem to be more popular than they're deserving of, but there's a hundred other bands I could say the same thing about, most of them to a much greater extent than Radiohead, so... *shrug*
Also, the bolded part seems to epitomize overrated-ness. But maybe I'm just missing the point (which I seem to do very often these days).