Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official World Cup 2010 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 03:41 AM   #284 (permalink)
pourmeanother
Saaaad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
What a throwaway!
1-0 up early doors and cruising until Green fumbles the backpass that was U.S.A.'s only real effort.
Having said that. A point from the toughest match of this group is no disaster.
Interesting. US had a lot of opportunities that didn't translate into shots on target. Jozy (I believe it was) needed another inch to connect on a header, and he also booted one that keeper deflected off the post and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
What spirit and drive?
Defensively the U.S.A did a solid job, but be serious, apart from the howler from Green were you worth a point?
I actually thought our defense had far too many breakdowns. They allowed a lot of space, and they lost key players a lot... With Gerrard slipping behind in the 4th minute, and I saw Rooney alone in the box receiving a header or possessing the ball more than once. Poor clears, poor coverage, errant slides, etc... At times pisspoor.

England appeared to be playing cleats out contact... The game really took a turn when Heskey cleats Howard like he's sliding into 2nd base trying to break up a double play. Seemed to fire up the Americans a bit more, and they played a decently solid game after that.
And waiting for blah
And hoping you were right about the blahs you made
And then, just when you think you've got the whole blah'd damn thing figured out
And you're surrounded by the ones you blah
Death shows up... anddd blah, blah, blah.
pourmeanother is offline   Reply With Quote