Music Banter - View Single Post - Overplayed Rock Songs
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #127 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Supremacist View Post
Indeed they were the better. Perhaps I appreciated the fact that they weren't a bunch of miserable c*nts . Or it might have been that I was a Blur fan from 91/92 (my older sister loved them, so I had 'Leisure' and 'Modern life is rubbish' before I even started secondary school), so they were already well established for me by the time Oasis came along. It was a completely different sound and one I didn't particuarly like all that much.

Wasn't really a war with the album - sadly it was a war of Oasis best offering vs one of Blur's weakest

Oh, and add 'Song 2' to the overplayed list. I didn't think it was that great when it came out and I like it even less now. One of Blur's disappointing moments for me...
I always felt Blur made the more innovative creative music, but Oasis made better music. Just because they were 4 lads from Manchester, knowing they aren't Jimi Hendrix but picking up guitars and doing something. Blur were shandy boys from down Landan. Now, I don't listen to either band much. But I do listen to Blur a hell of a lot more, especially 13. I always felt 13 was Blur's strongest album. It was an innovative, creative and generally interesting album. What's your favourite Blur album?

Song 2 was great woman!

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote