Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bald Chick Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 06:06 AM   #65 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
But what I have is NOT a normal guy thing, people like me are much easier to think of as sexual deviants and perverted, crazy even, people delight in mocking what they don't understand, including people with unusual sexual attractions and even though I don't consider my sexual attraction to bald girls to be weird at all, a lot of people understandably feel differently. And because most paraphiliacs are social outcasts at least when they are open about their fantasies, it's more common for women to reject them because they have been socially conditioned to believe such people are mentally disturbed. Shucks even modern psychologists don't have very kind things to say about fetishists.
I think your bald chick fetish is no weirder than people liking other attributes of people, but I see your reason for your fear. The thing is, if you tell your hypothetical hairless honey about your fetish fast, then if she's horrified you'll get it over more quickly and avoid a potentially longer relationship that ends badly.

I have some experience in this area of when to "reveal" yourself, boo boo, kind of. Like I mentioned elsewhere, when I stopped shaving during a 2-year relationship, my significant other was disgusted by my re-emerging body hair. He essentially said he couldn't be with me if I had my hair. I thought to myself: "Is this the kind of person who is going to stick by me when I'm hot and sweaty, my crotch split open and bleeding, as I give birth to a child? Is he going to expect me to look PRETTY then?!"

So, I left that relationship. Being with someone who couldn't like me as I am was too demoralizing. After that, before I got involved with the next person, I told him right out: "Look. I've got my body hair. If that is a problem for you, tell me now, so we don't go any further." That worked out much better.

It is very nice, boo boo, to be accepted as you are...and I feel this benefit may be worth the risk of revealing your fetish to those you care about and who care about you. If she wouldn't accept you right away, she probably never would. But you are the one running the risk. I don't want you to be hurt, and obviously you don't want to be hurt, either! Whenever you choose to reveal your fetish to others is probably the right time for you.

Quote:
Then again I AM mentally unstable but I don't think that is the cause of my fetish, I'm sure there are people with this fetish who are very well adjusted normal people, at least relatively because what is a truly well adjusted normal person anyway?
I didn't realize you feel you are mentally unstable. I agree your fetish has nothing to do with overall mental stability. What is a truly well adjusted normal person? I don't know for sure, but probably someone who can get up, go to work, find some pleasure in life, and not kill herself/himself or others. I'm usually considered to be *very* well adjusted (perhaps by people who don't know me well! ), and I've had my private moments of sobbing on the bathroom floor, when I probably look anything but well-adjusted.

Quote:
And you do have a point, would most of us be sexually attracted to our partners if they were another gender? Nope. Maybe it is shallow but that's basic human nature which serves a basic biological need.
I guess it is hard for me to say if it is human nature, since I would classify myself as bisexual since I feel certain people of both sexes are sexually attractive.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote