Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bald Chick Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #76 (permalink)
baldy1138
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Well Persis IS a sex icon for a lot of acomophiliacs Tabloids made a big deal about Cameron Diaz going bald even though she didn't. Actresses of high calibur like Emma Thompson, Joan Chen and Cate Blanchett have done it in dedication to their roles but Diaz wouldn't dare demean herself for a mere movie role, noooooooooooo, she clearly doesn't take the art seriously enough to care that her bald cap looked absolutely ridiculous and unconvincing. Still tabloids praised her for her "devotion", pfft.

The girl who played her daughter in the movie actually shaved her head completely and her eyebrows too. But she didn't get the props for her bravery at all, all people cared about was some washed up actress in a bald cap.
That was the most insane thing. I have a picture on my site from one of those "Cameron Diaz is Bald!" stories that used to be funny, but now just pisses me off. Everybody is going about their business, including the genuinely bald girl standing right next to her, and her eyes are locked on the camera, with a big, cheesy grin on her face. Look at me! It seems idiotic to make a fuss over someone in bad makeup when there is someone standing right next to her who did it for real. Even for somebody who doesn't go for bald heads, it should be obvious who did more for the movie, and who did nothing of any news value. Freaking celebrity worship. Crazy.

The worst part is, people look at pictures of Diaz, who looks like one of the Newcomers from Alien Nation minus the spots, and comment on how awful it looks. Of course it looks awful. She's got a big, bulbous latex thing stretched over her hair that bears no resemblance to any human head I've ever seen. I don't care for bald caps in general, but that is by far the worst such makeup job I can think of. Cameron hasn't done as much damage as Britney, but she's done her share.

Last edited by baldy1138; 07-17-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: correction
baldy1138 is offline   Reply With Quote