Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bald Chick Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 07:34 AM   #82 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy1138 View Post
I think that is one area where men and women think differently. As I saw it, she had done a wonderful thing, and I was showing my appreciation.

If the roles had been reversed, and I had done something that turned her on, my thinking would have been that I had done well, she was really happy, and I was getting a lot of.... it. I'd have considered it a success, well worth the sacrifice, and taken everything entirely at face value. That is how I believe most men would reason, and I think that is because sex and love are not as entwined as they are in the female mind.
I think your straightforward way of viewing a partner doing something nice for you shows perhaps that you are very confident in your relationship. If you felt inadequate or insecure, then you might assume your partner didn't care for you that much if she showed SO MUCH gusto for whatever change she had requested you make to yourself.

I don't know if sex and love are entwined more in the female mind than a male mind. I haven't seen evidence of this in males or females I've known. Some women really just wanted the thrill of sex with men they were dating; some men invest a lot of emotion into sex and feel it is very meaningful.

Boo boo - why do you recognize and wish the pressure on women to have long head hair would stop, yet you seem happy to continue the pressure on women to shave their legs, saying that keeping body hair is like being a caveman? Why is pressure on women to feel bad about themselves bad in one instance but not in the other?
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 07-18-2010 at 07:43 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote