Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metalcore Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #171 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCata View Post
Which I've never denied. I even stated it twice! There is no doubt metalcore, technically, is inferior to metal. Hardcore? Not so much, but still. The thing is; depsite the fact that it's not at skillfull, it's still awesome music... to some - including me. So why trash it? The hate metalcore suffers to are similar to racism - even if you carefully explain the differences, and the fact that it doesn't matter, people still make a public war about it. And it pisses me off.

I listen to metalcore, and so does _ALOT_ of other people as well.

Of course I can see theres a world of difference talent wise between the mentioned. But I still prefer Nickelback to Nirvana, that's just my choice.
Its no surprise then, that Somebody who prefers Nickelback to Nirvana. Would also use the ridiculous analogy, of comparing the hate that metalcore receives, to that of the far more serious matter of racism.

Not all metal is technically good either. One of the most influential metal groups of all time Venom were very poor musicians, but are considered a major influence on both thrash and extreme metal genres, probably making them one of the most influential metal groups of all time.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote