Music Banter - View Single Post - Album Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #1519 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

81 minutes seems really painful, reading Urban's minute by minute review exhausted me. Never mind listening to the actual album. I actually believe listening to all 81 minutes would make me lose the will to live.

I don't want to ape the popular consensus at all you fool. I've never even heard of the album before it was suggested to me. I thought it was a classic in the genre of progressive rock at first. I have no idea what the consensus is, unless we're talking about the consensus of people on here.

It's 2-1 to people who dislike it.

And I'm going to make this perfectly clear, I am NOT listening to another pretentious, self indulgent Progressive Rock record just so I can say for sure 'yeah, that's bad. I don't like that.' 81 minutes of progressive rock SEEMS horrible, I bet the realities are far worse. I'm sick of listening to Progressive Rock albums just so I can judge them on their own merits. I'm done with it. You can't say I haven't tried the genre, because I have. I've just reached the point where I'm f*cking sick of it.

Last FM