Music Banter - View Single Post - Top Ten Arguments for the existence of God easily deflated.
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #68 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

I said it makes sense that it seems like it makes no sense. Therefore, I am not contradicting myself, but I acknowledge that it seems like a paradox. It makes sense that seems like it makes no sense because of what it is. It isn't actually a contradiction. Causal law is an axiom you have to accept if you are to accept thinking itself, since it runs hand in hand with logic. The law of contradiction cannot be defended unless one uses it and the same applies to giving the cause for the causal law. They are axioms that don't need to be explained outside of themselves.

I would agree that they are beautiful and I would say I worship them, though not in the sense that I read out of some sacred book or pray to them. I value them highly, and as axioms, they are the base of all thought.

I still don't see how this line of though fits within any of the conclusions you gave since I do not reject causal law, nor do I call it a closed loop, and I certainly don't know whether it is infinite or not. The answer is that I don't know why, but one can't know why if they realize the question they are asking.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote