Music Banter - View Single Post - [RELEASE] June Themed Comp : Songs by MB Members!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #43 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

DF - Saving and Enslaving the World: I quite like the film noiresque, sophisticated sound this gives off, whilst being a bit crude and raw; shoegazey, in the end. The sound quality hurts a little bit, but hey, I could definitely see this on an album, good guitar work.

Dave, Evan, and Jef - Sail To the Sun: Shoegazey and a bit trippy. In a way, a bit like Loop. The sound quality still hurts, but if one soldiers on this is rather enjoyable and impressive. It's also a bit doomy at times

Panda Go Panda - Rather Warm, But Wet: This is reminiscent of a riff that's really popular, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. Interesting.

Your work is rather impressive, quite professional albeit too lo-fi.

Unchained Ballad - Somber Ways
:This is just something I came up with in a few minutes. I sort of imagined someone running through thick woodland at night in slow motion, for some reason. I'm not too happy with the end, it's a bit Mario Brother's-esque.

Unchained Ballad - The Wanderer
: I had the instrumental done and decided I'd add sparse, vague, ethereal vocals. They ended up fitting the idea I had. A journey into nowhere, a rover, roaming about.

Unchained Ballad - Whale: Well I don't know. I had this little instrumental idealized, and decided I'd try and sing along. I think I more or less poured my soul into it, even if the singing might not be too good.
It's called Whale because I had no bloody idea what to call it and then realised I was practically wailing about (even if the song does have lyrics). It also sounded a bit underwaterish, with all the echo and what not.

All my songs have poor quality because they were recorded on a lappy mic and It's only me and my guitar with some echo effects, reverb and things of the sort.

Vatos Locos Guitarristas - Los Caballeros del san Mondell: This song goes from being quirky and fun to absolutely glorious. Great work, tore. I had to congratulate you right after I heard this song. The title is quite spot on as well.

Mette Marit - Flammenes Regit: Drastic change in style. Energetic, creative, rather professional. I approve!

Sorry for the lack of reviews and for being disgustingly late. I'll finish this later.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote