Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #1527 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Tyondai Braxton - Central Market

Sent by
To kick things off, the album cover sorta tells me what I need to know about the band - they are a bunch of twats

Anyway the albums sound is an attempted funky electronic rock orchestra amalgamation, to the tune of lighthearted melody for the most part. Most of the time it sounds like a try hard Zappa wannabe, but that isn't the worst thing you could aim for. Once you've heard a song for a bit you'll likely know if you like that song or not - The problem here being that the boys have tried to shove as much up your arse in each song as possible (Under the guise of 'being epic in scale') that most of it gets lost, except for the really weird stuff, which I'm sure they're delighted you can still hear. The vocals don't add much, but at least its a change by the time they kick in on the album. But yeah, they are still average vocals. I was struggling to reach the end of most songs, painfully waiting for a period of time that it would be bearable in terms of enjoyment. Unfortunately that came when the songs ended.

I do listen to probably too much experimental stuff, but this just didn't appeal to me at all. I can understand why some would enjoy it, but the camp factor is pretty high. Not saying campy music can't be good, heck look what at what Zappa did for all those years. Alas, in this case the group just didn't get it together right. Too much, trying to be too smart.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote