The Monthly Music Trading Post - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #1521 (permalink)
why bother?
 
Bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 4,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
so wait, am i suddenly not in it?
I knew I was missing someone.

Looks like it's all pairs then. Check back in the hour for all the match-ups...
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #1522 (permalink)
why bother?
 
Bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 4,836
Default

And the pairs for this round are...

AbominableHoman<--->JTWilliams
BoardsOfCanada<--->Zarko
Bob<--->Rezz
Dankrsta<--->Bulldog
CanWllCorfe<--->Bannister
NumberNineDream<--->James
OctaneHugo<--->Antonio

Have fun
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #1523 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
And the pairs for this round are...

AbominableHoman<--->JTWilliams
BoardsOfCanada<--->Zarko
Bob<--->Rezz
Dankrsta<--->Bulldog
CanWllCorfe<--->Bannister
NumberNineDream<--->James
OctaneHugo<--->Antonio

Have fun
wow, how did i know i'd be paired up with OctaneHugo?

trippy 0_o
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #1524 (permalink)
Goes back & does it again
 
OctaneHugo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 806
Default

If you send me Motley Crue I will stab your face through the internet.
__________________

If Any Major Dude Has Yet To Tell You, Click Here
OctaneHugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #1525 (permalink)
Basscadet
 
Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneHugo View Post
If you send me Motley Crue I will stab your face through the internet.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #1526 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneHugo View Post
If you send me Motley Crue I will stab your face through the internet.
nah don't worry about that,i'm not even halfway through that stuff yet.
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #1527 (permalink)
Barely Disheveled Zombie
 
Zarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,194
Default

Tyondai Braxton - Central Market


Sent by
To kick things off, the album cover sorta tells me what I need to know about the band - they are a bunch of twats

Anyway the albums sound is an attempted funky electronic rock orchestra amalgamation, to the tune of lighthearted melody for the most part. Most of the time it sounds like a try hard Zappa wannabe, but that isn't the worst thing you could aim for. Once you've heard a song for a bit you'll likely know if you like that song or not - The problem here being that the boys have tried to shove as much up your arse in each song as possible (Under the guise of 'being epic in scale') that most of it gets lost, except for the really weird stuff, which I'm sure they're delighted you can still hear. The vocals don't add much, but at least its a change by the time they kick in on the album. But yeah, they are still average vocals. I was struggling to reach the end of most songs, painfully waiting for a period of time that it would be bearable in terms of enjoyment. Unfortunately that came when the songs ended.

I do listen to probably too much experimental stuff, but this just didn't appeal to me at all. I can understand why some would enjoy it, but the camp factor is pretty high. Not saying campy music can't be good, heck look what at what Zappa did for all those years. Alas, in this case the group just didn't get it together right. Too much, trying to be too smart.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #1528 (permalink)
Basscadet
 
Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
Tyondai Braxton - Central Market


Sent by
To kick things off, the album cover sorta tells me what I need to know about the band - they are a bunch of twats

Anyway the albums sound is an attempted funky electronic rock orchestra amalgamation, to the tune of lighthearted melody for the most part. Most of the time it sounds like a try hard Zappa wannabe, but that isn't the worst thing you could aim for. Once you've heard a song for a bit you'll likely know if you like that song or not - The problem here being that the boys have tried to shove as much up your arse in each song as possible (Under the guise of 'being epic in scale') that most of it gets lost, except for the really weird stuff, which I'm sure they're delighted you can still hear. The vocals don't add much, but at least its a change by the time they kick in on the album. But yeah, they are still average vocals. I was struggling to reach the end of most songs, painfully waiting for a period of time that it would be bearable in terms of enjoyment. Unfortunately that came when the songs ended.

I do listen to probably too much experimental stuff, but this just didn't appeal to me at all. I can understand why some would enjoy it, but the camp factor is pretty high. Not saying campy music can't be good, heck look what at what Zappa did for all those years. Alas, in this case the group just didn't get it together right. Too much, trying to be too smart.

(ps, it's just one guy.)

it's this guy:

Last edited by Dayvan Cowboy; 08-05-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #1529 (permalink)
Barely Disheveled Zombie
 
Zarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardsofcanada View Post

(ps, it's just one guy.)
lol you'll soon learn I'm an arsehole

But good to know.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #1530 (permalink)
Lost In A Purple Haze
 
jtwilliams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Middle Of No Where
Posts: 433
Default

Looks good. Cant wait to get started.
jtwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.