Music Banter - View Single Post - Official TNA Wrestling Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #44 (permalink)
Sljslj
The Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I don't see what the problem is. He wants full creative control, I'd give it to him in a shot. He's better than anything they've got or had.
The worst thing about TNA is their booking is terribly inconsistent. They have a hell of a lot of talent but it's like they don't know what to do with any of them.
So you have talented people like Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe & the MCM Guns doing nothing for weeks on end, Christopher Daniels leaving or playing ridiculous gimmicks like curry man & suicide instead of being a main eventer. Meanwhile you have people like Rob Terry, Hernandez, Matt Morgan & Eric Young being constantly forced down your throat despite the fact nobody really cares about them. And that's not to mention the instant pushes given to anyone who ever set foot in a WWE ring (RVD, Hardy, Anderson) although I'll let them off with Pope who seems to have found a good identity & gimmick in TNA.

I have to give TNA credit, the product is a massive improvement over what it was a year ago but they still have a very long way to go.
I've heard that said and said it myself (or something to that effect) many times. People keep saying, "oh, they'll figure it out", WHEN!? They've been playing the same game for a few years now and Hogan was supposed to come in and change TNA, but it's still essentially the same. I'm a big fan of TNA and will be for the forseeable future, I just hope they get their heads out of asses some time soon.

I saw you mentioned MCMG as some of the wrestlers doing nothing, so I'm guessing you haven't been watching in recent weeks. MCMG and Beer Money have had some of the best matches of the past few years in the past month. If TNA can continue to book matches like this, they could potentially have near-WWE RAW ratings by next year.

Also, I love Matt Morgan. Imo he's the best wrestling heel on tv right now.