Music Banter - View Single Post - Today's Rap, 90's, or 80's Rap
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #120 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

I like today's rap but i'm not picky at all these days and i do love the bumping quality of it.

I do highly appreciate Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane as artists. I also very much appreciate Yung Jeezy when he puts out his singles, same for Rick Ross (kinda). I've even found some love for Drake, even though i certainly don't think he's so talented, he's not the worst (still a good but like Wayne). I think Ghostface Killah's 2000's albums (or at least Fishscale and The Pretty Toney Album) are his finest ones, though they are all grade A stuff (i'm hoping this will save me from abuse).
One of the things I put high on my list for today's hip hop is the production quality. Kanye West does great stuff, Bangladesh is a newer one i also like, Swizz Beats, and the random singles i hear on the radio usually have pretty good beats. The only producers i can really say i like a whole lot from the 90's are RZA and The Dust Brothers. Dr. Dre is alright, i've never found him so special. Oh, but Terminator X is pretty hot in my book.

Now maybe i've become rusty on my hip hop and my taste less acquired, but i certainly don't hate today's hip hop. Maybe i wouldn't call it my all time favorite because with my time away from intense listening and critiquing and also my admittedly limited knowledge compared to some of the board members, which puts me in a position of neutrality, but as i said, i don't see anything too wrong with it. Sometimes it's stale but there's fresh qualities amongst it, especially with this turn point of an era.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Last edited by Surell; 08-10-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote