Music Banter - View Single Post - Your top 5 Classical composers:
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #93 (permalink)
Pomegrant
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
My dad feels Bach created the epitome of musical compositions, Pomegrant. He adores Bach! So, I grew up listening to my dad practicing various Bach piano pieces, which aren't so easy to play, are they, since your left hand isn't just providing accompaniment for the right hand!

Since I'm not a proficient piano player, the only Bach song I can sightread and play...but luckily also one of my favorites...is Prelude 1 in C Major:

Spoiler for Bach's Prelude in C Major:
And here is what I WISH I could play, but I just don't think it sounds as nice on the violin!!
Spoiler for Prelude from Bach's Cello Suite #1--Ahhh :) :
I would have to agree with you father. Even in his most simplistic works there is great amounts of depth and complexity which I guess stems from the ornate culture of the baroque period. However I think Bach transcends baroque music and he really did a lot of experimentation with harmonies. I just really admire that he did his music even when his music was going out of fashion.

I'm trying to remember some of my favorite pieces but remember BWV numbers after all of these years isn't too easy. I'll post some videos once I find them.

Cellos are just so much more beautiful than violins.
Pomegrant is offline   Reply With Quote