Music Banter - View Single Post - Ibanez nut
Thread: Ibanez nut
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 01:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
JakeDTH
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
first off - new or used guitar? if it was new and shipped like that - return it.
Used, bought it like three years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
otherwise - i'd just use an exacto knife and a nail file - on the nut. unless you've got a high end model with a compensated nut (like Earvana or Buzz Feiten systems) but judging from the pic and craftsmanship, you don't, it's likely just a misformed chunk of plastic.

actually a closer look at the picture and the curve in the nut makes it look like it was removed and put in again backwards (but that might also be due to lighting). either way, it's not a huge deal and not something i'd consider serious enough to take to a luthier, especially if it's not a $1000+ guitar. just make sure to keep checking to see if the piece fits properly before you start whittling too much of it away.
Cool, thanks!
I could of swore it fit properly when I bought it (maybe it's in backwards, that would be embarrassing) can a nut change shape after a few years of usage?