Music Banter - View Single Post - Kosmiche Musik/Krautrock
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #91 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Yeah, well obviously Can aren't overrated in general, it's not like everyone has heard of them. But in Krautrock most definetely.
I disagree with this. Can are generally the most revered 'Krautrock' band simply because no other band within the field has released as many consistently great albums. Neu!, Cluster, Amon Duul II and Faust are all brilliant, and all have released great albums - but with Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, Future Days and Soon over Babaluma - not to mention their earlier albums such as Soundtracks and Monster Movie which are often overlooked but still brilliant IMO... I just think Can have a superior back catalogue compared to others. I'm not saying bands like Faust and Neu! release mediocre albums (well, they have but so did Can towards the end) - Faust IV, Faust So Far, Neu!, Neu'75, Yeti, Wolf City, Cluster s/t and Zuckerzeit are all up their with the best Can output (well, maybe not Tago Mago but that's personal opinion). I just do not think they're as consistently and prolifically great as pre-1975 Can
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote