Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #6112 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I'm absolutely fuming tonight at the news that my 15 year old niece was stopped and searched by police this evening. Apparantly the owners of a local chinese take-away had called the police to report that there were some kids there or outside there causing bother and so they sent a couple of officers around.

In the meantime my niece and a couple of her mates happened to pass the place as the police pulled up. They then stopped them and despite my niece explaining to them that they had just got there took their names, asked them if they "had anything they shouldn't", whatever that means and then proceded to search them. They did not give a reason, a copy of the report or as far as i'm aware any of their information such as names of numbers.

I may be no expert when it comes to the rules for stopping and searching people but if you can do it without valid reason to suspect they will find something as a result, without giving them any information about themselves and without providing them with a copy of the report that also includes the reason given for performing the search then i will eat my hat. Of course they didn't give them a copy of the report, becasuse they don't have a valid reason to state on the paperwork!

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote