Music Banter - View Single Post - The Realm Of Soft Delusions - The Smashing Pumpkins' Discography Reviewed
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Oh yeah, that was it. I was in a very argumentative mood and I had just listened to Machina II. I do think Machina II was his peak as far as songwriting and pop sensibility, but Adore in general does have better songwriting. Machina II is a bit more accessible. My opinion on this always shifts, though, depending on my mood.

I think we all got ripped off because Machina wasn't a double album. It was supposed to be another loose concept album (like MCIS) about a rockstar named Glass...that's about all I know. Instead, we only have vague hints of what was supposed to go into it (like Glass and the Ghost Children).
If Billy had done Machina directly after MCIS, I bet the record company would have fully supported the idea. I still think some of the songs on Machina I should have been replaced with stuff from Machina II. For example, cut "Raindrops + Sunshowers," and maybe "With Every Light" and add "Slow Dawn" and "Lucky 13" or "Dross." Machina needed some more rockers in my opinion.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote