Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #111 (permalink)
DopamineKata
Groupie

I haven't read any of the posts before writing this one, but I'll get to it. I apologize for my hasty perusing, but I was anxious just to throw my words into the fodder of fire.

Is suicide cowardly? No, I don't think it is, but I do think it's selfish.

Hell, I'm a selfish guy. I think every human is selfish in a way. We all think about our own consequences and future, right?

On Saturday, that will mark the two-year anniversary for my girlfriend and I. Over the past two years we have made so many amazing memories. We have even been through hell and back. Cliche, I know, but it's the truth!

Now, if I lost her, I can't imagine how my life would be or how I'd live. I practically depend on her for my own happiness. She makes me so darn happy. Losing her would push me to the brink of wanting to end my life. Is that erroneous thinking on my part? Selfishness? Definitely. Would I be disregarding my friends and family and their feelings? Most definitely, I would be doing that.

Feelings... pain... they will drive people up and down a wall, to the point of acting upon impulse, without thinking.

I'm not even sure where I'm going with this post. I'll come back with more verbiage in a little while.