Music Banter - View Single Post - Church Plans on Burning Qur'an on September 11th
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #65 (permalink)
Dr.Seussicide
FakingSuicideForApplause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
I repeat: What I do is to separate the two things: people <--------> beliefs.

I only can respect people. Because ideas are ABSTRACTIONS. Ideas don't "feel" anything.

Suppose you are a member of the Flat Earth Society. I respect you as a person. I defend your right to express everything you want. But I shit on your stupid superstition.

-----

Morover:

Suppose we are in 1940. I would burn dozens of copies of Main Kampf in a public square, as expression of contempt. And I wouldn't pay any attention to the useful idiots crying: "hey, don't provoke them; remember we're living hard times, they are dangerous, they can kill us!!". Fuck the Islamonazis, fuck the Cristofascists and fuck the "chamberlains"!!!
To separate the two is to separate a man's ideas from himself. How can you possibly do that, when the ideas in which he believes shapes and constructs his very etiquette of thinking. What you believe and who are you are, are not two parallel dimensions but rather two dimensions that overlap one another. Your attempt at faux intellect is weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
Don't play the fool, boy. I don't give a damn about your teenager jokes.
You have, a cat. As your avatar. And you post pictures of cats. Facepalming. In an attempt at humour. The statement above is one that you are not in a position to type.

Dr.Seussicide is offline   Reply With Quote