Music Banter - View Single Post - Crystal Castles
Thread: Crystal Castles
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #95 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I just listened to I and II back to back today and I have to say, I like II better. They have more of a unique voice in that album. I can't wait to hear what else they can do.

I'll never understand this. crystal castles was introduced to me in the same genre as the remix of them I just posted above by LA RIOTS. It's club music for god sakes. Nobody sees the Bloody Beetroots getting recognition from the hipster community, but because crystal castles was a little more creative with it suddenly they have some sort of artistic recognition.

Look at them:

It's a DJ and some punker. She's barely even part of the band, he probably just takes her voice and changes it with FL or Reason, just like all of the other DJ's you can find underground on youtube, advertising their remixes or on soundcloud or rub a dub dub.

You know why I think their new album is crap? It's a freaky sounding pop album and I can't dance to it at all. Also it's clearly marketed toward hipsters... I saw it coming too. No way any self-respecting drug addict would pass up an opportunity to make bank of idiots.

Look at the site where their video is posted! It's advertising the new MGMT album! HAhahahaha, idiots. Enjoy your pop:
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote