Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #824 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalDiotima View Post
But... as this is not the entire subject matter of the band... and as Satanism and/or anti-Christianity is the (almost) ENTIRE subject matter of Slayer's music... the analogy is not great.
Nearly all the ENTIRE subject matter of this forum revolves around music. Most of the posters on here aren`t musicians, yet they discuss music on here. Does this make them fake, given the fact that they aren`t musicians?

Quote:
Second, before you criticize Varg Vikernes based on the Norwegian penal system (it's not HIS fault the jails there are more lenient and, conveniently, more EFFECTIVE than our "brand them and throw them in the trash to rot" system) perhaps you should consider how he got there in the first place. I'd say that BURNING DOWN CHURCHES and STABBING YOUR FRIEND IN THE FOREHEAD WITH A KNIFE are levels of "extreme" that would make a god-fearing Catholic such as Araya piss in his pants just to watch.
I think you`re an apologist for Varg Vikernes.

Quote:
Calling someone's viewpoint warped is certainly an ineffective way to converse with them.
Not when that person goes round and round in circles.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote