Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #1760 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike*Spiegel View Post
I don't know about that, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. They played in Minneapolis just over a month ago and the local rock station basically said it was the best show they'd seen in a long time. Maybe their opinion was biased due to the fact that The Rev recently died and the show/ album was dedicated to the late drummer. Personally, I prefer more of their earlier stuff, but my roommates are huge fans and asked if I'd go. That's not to say their current album doesn't have its highlights, though. That being said, I think Nightmare is a fecking wretched song.
I used to have a ton of respect for the Rev for the intricate drumming parts on Waking The Fallen, but when I saw them live, he plays about half of what's on the album. Come to find out they used a sit in double-bass drummer on the album. They also re-arranged all the vocal arrangements from the old songs. M. Shadows does not scream AT ALL, all the old vocals that were recorded as screaming parts, he sings (poorly). I was just a bit let down by those two, the guitar solos were all played verbatim, which I did find impressive. But overall, if you're expecting to hear the songs as they appear on the older albums, you will be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote