Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest White Rapper *Poll*
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #827 (permalink)
Hank The Drifter
Take it easy, but take it

Wow.
There are some extremely talented white rappers out there. One that quickly comes to mind is R.A. the Rugged Man. The verse he spits in Jedi Mind Tricks Uncommon Valor is deadly. Several others are really solid rappers imo. Eminem was just the biggest white rapper. Don't get me wrong I respect his early work. With that being said I don't think he deserves the credit he gets. He released two good albums with a few songs on some others that were good. He didn't exactly re-write the How to Rap book. Sometimes his flow even annoys me, and his lyrics were good but a lot of his stuff was clearly written for shock value and nothing more. No real substance in a lot of it. Others write lyrics just as solid as his. He has pretty enjoyable beats, but nothing that deserves being worshiped or anything.

Eminem has become more about nostalgia than anything for me. I still enjoy MMLP and SSLP, but I now know how much better rap there is out there.