Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #6442 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA
I get your point about the 50/50 business, though...but my view is that if a person decides to lift up the seat (which is certainly better than *not* doing so, assuming he is going to urinate), then why not have him put it down, too, so only his fingers get potentially contaminated with bacteria from the underside of the seat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnard17 View Post
If this system were instituted I wouldn't lift the seat. Enjoy sitting in piss
Oh, your little urine retribution method wouldn't work with me, Barnard, because if you urinated on the toilet seat and didn't clean up after yourself, then I'd just squat and never touch the seat with my derriere. So, *you'd* be the one sitting on your own piss, unless *you* cleaned it up.

My complaint for today: elementary school teachers giving kids candy for good behavior!!

I had just flossed and brushed my child's teeth after breakfast and dropped him off at his classroom this morning, when two minutes later I saw him pop something into his mouth that the teacher had placed on his desk. It turns out it was a piece of candy given to kids who had displayed good behavior during a field trip yesterday.

So, I went into the classroom and asked the teacher to make sure my child got a drink of water afterwards to rinse out his mouth, and I asked her not to give him candy again but instead use some other non-food method to reward good behavior, if they want to reward behavior.

As any dentist would say, you don't want kids eating candy (or any other snack that sticks to teeth and encourages bacterial growth) and then not brushing their teeth afterward. This isn't the Middle Ages. Schools should know this stuff!

I find it ironic that parents, who I think usually know that for dental and behavioral reasons it isn't good to give children candy as rewards for good behavior, must ask the EDUCATORS not to give candy to children.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote