Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #435 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
I haven't heard of any scientific study that suggests this.
I would definitely reconsider my opinion if there was some evidence of course, but personally I have yet to hear of any.
Uh... All [except (1)] of the things I typed that you're responding to here are fact. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about, but for the sake of argument:
1. I said "if". Check that word out. (Used for supposition in logical comparison with the following:
2. Fact: there are indeed mutations in genetic sequences that cause anomalies in humans. You should agree that this is a biological phenomenon, and not a phenomenon that involves being molested or something to that effect, correct? (I'll assume yes here)
3. Because you agree with (2), you agree that IF base sexual preference exists as a biological function (which makes sense, because we probably wouldn't be very prolific as a species if it didn't) that it is entirely POSSIBLE that there could be a functional misstep in the biology of basic sexuality, as referenced in (2).

Now, I understand the apprehension in believing something scientific before there is proof, but you only have to use logic. In the scenario where a gay man or woman only becomes that way because he or she was traumatized into it requires FAR more supposition. And since there are many cases of homosexuals who have not been traumatized in any way refutes the entire position all together.

Quote:
I do not think any biological changes happen when a person decides or discovers they are gay. I think their mindset changes and that is all, yet I also feel like that is enough. No biological or instinctual changes needed.

I fail to see how that contradicts.

EDIT:
TO MAKE MY POINT MORE CLEAR

I feel like a mindset change is enough for a person to feel they are gay and to want the same sex, ultimately smothering out their instinctual feelings.
I dunno 'bout that. You're basically saying that every homosexual is aware of his or her "decision" to be gay and can simply "undecide". Or maybe you're saying that someone can be shocked into changing their sexual preference and they may not even realize it was an environmental thing? Either way, I think it'd be pretty hard to provide proof of either thing being a constant decider of homosexuality when there are so many people out there who can tell you a different story via experience.

And just for a side-quest, what do you think it would take for a person to "override" his own biological instincts and start being sexually attracted to the opposite gender?
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote