Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #453 (permalink)
Consolator
¬¬!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
So having a different opinion than you makes me immature?
Do a bit of research on homosexuality. It's been documented in pretty much every era of history and appears quite often in animals (particularly penguins and dolphins.) I was listening to a psychology lecture from Dr. Paul Bloom from Yale University, he had a lot of good ideas about the whole concept. From a biological standpoint, homosexuality makes little sense. It doesn't lead to any new offspring, you would think it would have died out. That is not the case, though. Why has it not died out? And why are same-sex attractions essentially the same as heterosexual attractions? (I mean, why do gay couples love each other in the same manner that straight couples do?)

This leads scientists to believe it is some sort of complex combination of genetics and hormones. It can't be completely genetic because there have been twins where one is gay and the other is straight. Have you ever read the studies about the differences of gay men's brains and straight men's brains? Gay men and straight women have the same shaped sexual neuron centers, while straight men and gay women have the same shaped neuron centers.

The argument that it's formed by upbringing seems pretty weak -- people don't raise their kids to be gay. At least, not by any majority. I am a gay male and was raised in your completely typical heterosexual couple household. It's also worth mentioning that my parents forced me to go to church for most of my life, and were devout Christians themselves. I played with hot wheels and legos as a child. I had no idea of homosexuality existing until middle school, and even then, I really didn't know about it. I just knew it existed. It wasn't until my (rather late) sexual drive kicking in in high school did my attraction to men set in. Nobody really knows the exact answer, but the general consensus I've found is that it is innate and immutable. Quite frankly, that's all that matters to me.

I suggest you read these, Flower Child.

Sexual orientation, Information about Sexual orientation

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality
Consolator is offline   Reply With Quote