Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 03:40 AM   #3026 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I don't have an issue with Man United.

I have an issue with clubs being allowed to run like that.
Man Utd happens to be one of those clubs, same as Leeds were, same as Portsmouth were same as Liverpool now are.

Regardless of how much money Man Utd make the fact is they're something like £700 million in debt. Clubs get points deducted for going into administration, I think they should get points deducted for going into debt too. 1 point for every £10 million sounds about right.
But United aren't the same as Leeds, Liverpool and Portsmouth.
That's the point I've been making.
United have the biggest debt. There's no disputing that, but United's debt was incurred by the Glaziers who bought the club on borrowed money. Not by overspending on players.
A club only goes into administration if they are unable to service the debt incurred.
Interestingly enough, only 6 clubs in the premier league are able to service their debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I have never disputed Villa's turnover and accept that we will never be a big player in the premiership. Why do u think I haven't commented on any results this season because of off the field activities?

It doesn't mean that Man U are immune from any criticism levelled their way and that's what get's up the noses of other football fans.

It's like saying that there is only one band in the world and how dare we criticise them because of that?

We know Man U are the most successful team of the modern era but it is boring and they are not without their problems these days.

Despite making 80 mill on Ronaldo the money wasn't spent a great deal and you made a loss of 80 mill too this year.

We notice these things
When I said fans of clubs need to look closer to home...I wasn't kidding.
Those fans who criticise United for their debt need to realise that their own clubs financial situation, in real business terms, are far worse than that of United's.
It seems you're lucky enough to have a benefactor over at Villa! £93 million in debt Lee? Only a £2 million profit margin? And a sugar daddy too!
Lets hope he doesn't get bored. Have a think about that before you criticise United.

It's a sad fact of football that every Premier League club is in debt.
If we go off Urban's 1 point deducted per £10 million, then wouldn't it be fairer to deduct points from the clubs who are unable to service that debt?

The Current Level of Debt in the Premier League | Onebooker Blog

btw...The shadow dwellers over at the council house have spent more money on players in the last year than United have in the last 5.

Last edited by right-track; 10-10-2010 at 03:55 AM.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote