Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #474 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeveuxleson View Post
I do believe scientists are able to find out what part of the brain is for arousal and such. But it comes down to this: is homosexuality ran by sexual arousal, or is it a deeper emotion? What I mean to say is, based on the homosexual community, there are the ones who are sexually aroused to the same sex and there are those who are truly seeking for a life-long relationship with the same sex. Can we pinpoint the emotion? I do not think so. Emotions are a more complex idea. Now the sexual drive however, it is hardwired into us. So chemicals are released from a certain point and allow us to become aroused. What causes this arousal, it is uncertain. Well, I haven't seen proof.

I hope that made sense... I typed this rather quickly.
It made sense, and that's why I was careful to say "sexually aroused by" instead of just "attracted to", which encompasses a huge and complex network of emotions like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
There is an argument.
People DO think that gays choose to be gay.
Well, yeah, but those people are wrong.

Quote:
I just dgaf either way.
I don't see the point of trying to figure it out. Gay people are gay. End of story.
That wouldn't really fly with a judge if you were called to defend Gay Marriage.

Quote:
I'm sure if someone REALLY wanted to, they could convince themselves to be attracted to someone else. I'm sure there's a way.

There have been cases of brain damage or mental illness where the victim's source of sexual arousal flip-flops (pedophiles no longer attracted to kids, straight people become gay and vice versa), but for someone to think that they can change their source of arousal through sheer will, well... that's called denial.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote