Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #478 (permalink)
jeveuxleson
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
There have been cases of brain damage or mental illness where the victim's source of sexual arousal flip-flops (pedophiles no longer attracted to kids, straight people become gay and vice versa), but for someone to think that they can change their source of arousal through sheer will, well... that's called denial.
If we find that homosexuality is in fact genetic, is it ethically wrong to force people to become 'straight'? Not necessarily a mentality of arousal/attraction, as you mention above, but it's merely a 'defect' as it would be classified. It's physical proof, not mental, that homosexuality can be isolated, should we as a society eliminate this? Or is that genocide, much like Hitler and his 'Super-race'?

I mean, I'm all for the idea of 'weeding out.' However, I am for the fact of 'Live and let live.' So I'd be torn. But if I truly had a choice, I think I'd vote against it, being a gay man myself. Yet, I just want the best for the society as a whole. And if they truly believe that I am a nuisance, I don't want to become the problem. I don't want my life as hell because I'm a 'genetic mutant.' I think it sort of boils down to having a genetic condition... in a sense. Like down syndrome.

This is all hypothetical of course, there is NO proof yet of homosexuality being genetic. This just comes to show that we know so little about, and therefore we shouldn't react harshly towards it. (i.e. Banning gay marriage, exile, etc.)