Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #14809 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannister View Post
Wow, Vegan. You're naturally very pretty, which is rare to see. You don't need a whole lot of makeup to look good. (:
Thank you, bannister, for saying so...especially the "naturally" part, since I like natural stuff!

Putting some makeup on for that picture reminded me why I really don't like makeup. When you have makeup on your face, you kind of become untouchable, even to yourself! If you want to rub your face on your sleeve to scratch an itch, you can't for fear of smearing your makeup and getting your sleeve dirty. When you get warm, eyeliner runs. Lipstick also tastes awful when you get a little in your mouth.

And mascara! It coated each lash in a little stiff, black coffin! No more silky eyelashes. I decided after that picture that I'd never try using mascara again. I felt so unnatural, so coated. Also, it took effort to find vegan-friendly makeup not made with animal parts or tested on animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieLover View Post
OOO! I've never seen you all dressed up before Vegangelica! Very nice indeed. I too want to play the violin but don't currently have the money to buy an instrument or a teacher. In any case, you're stunning in this pic!
That is a downside of violins...they can be pretty expensive...but sometimes you can find some that are affordable. If you want to play the violin, DO DO DO, Veggie! Currently, I have my eyes on...a cello (drool)... Two nights ago, I dreamed I was playing the cello. It felt very natural.

I'm pleased you felt I looked stunning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
God damn ferrets. I hate them...my ex had one so that meant I really had one. And those things stink so bad. Eventually, my apartment people found out about it (can't have pets) so I had to keep it in a cage in my bathroom. That thing would stare at me while I took a **** in the creepiest way...

I don't trust them.
I like ferrets, duga. They're slinky. I didn't know they are stinky, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
To me, it's not that women should or shouldn't have to, it's that if women have to do it, men do too. That's the double standard. It should be recognized that women really don't have to do a damn thing with their bodies for someone else's pleasure,
and if you expect something to be done, you should be prepared to return the favour. /shrug
About the part of what you said in bold: Yes and yes and yes and yes!!! Did I say yes? YES!

I agree with you that no one should be pressured to do anything for someone else's pleasure. I never do anything for someone else's pleasure if I feel pressured. The good side of this is that if I *try* to do something that I think might bring pleasure to someone else, it means I really want to, and someone has made me feel free to be however I want to be.

And you're right about the double standard. There *is* a double standard when it comes to men's and women's bodies, such as with the underarm hair issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Seriously it takes a little more than just cleavage to offend me.
Why would anyone ever be offended by cleavage? There is nothing wrong with women having breasts and showing them.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 10-19-2010 at 09:15 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote