Music Banter - View Single Post - Born in the wrong generation
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #81 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesick.alien View Post
I would have liked to visit the 70's more actually. Maybe late 60's-early 70's.
I guess it would be OK to visit because of the music, but society in the late 60s did not contain not all the glamour one might think by just watching Woodstock on TV, the on going war in Vietnam at the time had the country in an uproar along with the civil rights movement, I remember when the four college students were killed at Kent State University here in Ohio by our own National Guard, or you could have been one of the unlucky few that did LSD in the late 60s and never came back from the trip, which LSD at the time was very closely related to music itself.
My era was the 70s, bands like Black Sabbath, Rush, Yes, etc. and on the other hand there were bands like Earth, Wind, & Fire. and so on.
The Cold War, played the big role in the 70s, I remember schools having drills in case of a nuclear attack, that was very scary at the time, all they told you to do was to just simply get under your desk, (and I guess just kiss your arse goodbye).
So just be glad at where you are right now in history, where college students just kill each other, instead of having the government involved.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote