Music Banter - View Single Post - Another spring
Thread: Another spring
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidti View Post
Hey, Erica!

I’m always glad to be corrected in my translations, so my English skills also improve, so please don’t stop doing it :-)
Oh, I will immediately stop being a slacker and learn a few more instruments :-), well unfortunately I sometimes also have to learn a little bit for the study…
But the next song will be in English again, I hope!
I'm glad the corrections are helpful. Your German lyrics help me with my German, too. I look forward to your next English song!

Quote:
Hmm, I’m not really sure what you make wrong with the trumpet. How flat is the tone that comes, is the difference a whole semitone or a whole step or just a little detune?! Because a detune normally can be corrected by the bigger slide. And of course the mouth and the breathing is also responsible for the tune, but if you have a high tension on your lips and enough breath and your tone that comes doesn’t flutter, then you make it alright! But test the higher tones, you will have less problems with the intonation with higher tones than with lower ones!

Mfg Schmidti
I think I have high lip tension and an even tone on the lower notes (even if they aren't the correct note), but since I can't get the higher tones well I think this means I haven't developed my lip muscles enough! I remember that when I played clarinet frequently, my muscles were much stronger then. I think maybe I just need to build up endurance again.

I will try practicing more and see what happens, Schmidti. I had hoped the trumpet would be easier to play! It looks so effortless when I see others playing... sigh.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote