Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs that seem to be about YOU!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #107 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
I interpret "Love's lover" as being someone who hasn't given up on the idea of love, whether they're currently in love with someone or between relationships... someone who persistently goes back for more and returns disappointed (most times)...So that line is like the antithesis of "it's better to have loved and lost...".
Oh, that makes perfect sense, Seltzer. I like that interpretation. Thank you.

Quote:
The few relationships I've been in were actually decent, but they ultimately ended painfully. I tend to move on, stay single for ages, and get used to the idea that I don't need a partner. Then that one girl comes along, I decide to give it another shot (let love in), and the whole process repeats. I recently asked a girl in my class out, so perhaps this describes me more aptly at the moment?

Yeay! That sounds promising, and nice XTC song!!

I'd say the reality is that you *don't* need a partner...I remember getting used to that idea, too. And it isn't a bad thing. I feel that ideally one learns to by happy by oneself. Then anything extra...like the girl who has you all stirred up in your class saying yes and you both having a surprisingly lovely time together...is an unexpected and happy bonus!

That's very brave, to ask someone out, by the way.

Thinking about "Let Love In," the song you posted earlier, I wondered if you've heard Siddharta's "Ring" song? You can see from the video that it has the same theme of a relationship ending horribly with the woman essentially destroying the man. Maybe this song fits your past even better than "Let Love In," Seltzer!

Siddharta - "Ring"
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 11-01-2010 at 11:25 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote