Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #4727 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
A fact is not an opinion.
If you read around the 6th or 7th page of this thread, there's a large argument involving a much younger me about KoRn :P

Also: I think Dream Theater are actually pretty decent musicians. They have a tendency to go on at length sometimes in a way that's totally unnecessary, but every album of theirs that I've listened to has had at least a few enjoyable songs. Regarding the "they sing about nothing that matters" comment, well Percy, I'm not sure what you consider to be the most crucial matters of the world today, but they do song about things that a lot of their (albeit angsty) fans can relate to: Overbearing Hyprocritical parents and unrequieted love ar the two things that come to mind first (Honour Thy Father, and the entirety of Scenes From A Memory). many of their songs tell a story, and personally I believe the first half of Scenes From a Memory to be a pretty excellent piece of work, considering how seamlessly each part flows into the next.

Yes, they are fairly pretentious, yes, they are a fairly sell-out example of Prog Metal, no, they aren't the most innovative of bands, but they still produce some decent music.

- Arthur Dent

Last edited by MoonlitSunshine; 11-02-2010 at 02:10 PM.
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote