Music Banter - View Single Post - The Importance of Independent Artists
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I think where this fails is you seem to be talking about just two things here. "Independent artists" and pop stars. I'm not claiming this was your intent but this how I read it. You seem to be suggesting that an unsigned artist works so much harder and is so much more involved in the writing, recording, production and promotion of their music than signed artists. Surely you cant actually believe this? You arent referring to a certain percentage of signed artists, it really does seem that you are referring to every signed musician. This is why I just went ahead and assumed you were talking about pop stars and those who don't play instruments, sing live, write their own material etc.

Also, I don't know your background. You may have worked in the recording industry but the way you wrote doesn't offer an opinion, to me. It seems to offer fact and where you refer to the inner workings of the recording industry, I find myself doubting that you could actually know these things first hand. It also offers fact, rather than opinion, on quite a few debetable points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistConnection View Post
Independent artists are the true "artists" of the bunch.
Quote:
Independent artists are the most educated people in the music industry.
Quote:
they are still the most educated and most versed people in the music industry.
How can you be so sure of this? I just think it would be much better if this was worded more carefully as your take on things and your opinion.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote