Music Banter - View Single Post - Possible ban coming on alchoholic energy drinks, such As FourLoko and Joose
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

how is banning the pre-combined drinks going to stop someone from just getting an un-alcoholized version of the drink and then just mixing it?

you know, like exactly how people used to do it before the companies figured out how to cash in by pre-mixing things for us. then again i'm in Canada and you can't legally buy booze outside of controlled licensed establishments. i'm boggled by the duality / hypocrisy of the American stance on alcohol.

if you don't want it in the hands of children don't sell it in the grocery store and don't make it bright and colourful and fun.

it's like when we ran into a group of youths drinking on the west coast years ago showing off this new beer they got in plastic bottles... 'It's so great, it doesn't even matter if i drop it!'. no adult with half a clue in their head would buy beer in a plastic bottle (GROSS!), it's obviously marketed to kids who don't know much of anything and who obviously haven't learned their limits.

yet... there it is, right next to the milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote