Music Banter - View Single Post - what bass/guitar do you own or want
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #182 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Speak for yourself. I personally want about a million custom guitars. I have *high* demands.
I feel that! We do have one thing working for us though. If you buy a used guitar for a decent price your almost guaranteed to make that money back or more when you sell it. Thanks to that iv gotten to own a hell of a lot of different gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarity View Post
Speaking for myself, I dont have high demands.
I am a fan of 'the song' more than anything and whilst appreciative of good guitar playing I see guitar playing as an enjoyable means to an end rather than the sole end in itself.
I'm not a tone obsessive and my technical ability doesnt and will never justify an expensive custom guitar. Punk is the reason I picked up a guitar in the first place and it still resonates with me 20 years later. What someone like Billy Childish or Tom Waits or whoever can achieve with limited and basic instrumentation has always moved me more than the awful widdlers like Via, Satriani, Petrucci, or dinosaur bores like Clapton.
Different strokes for different folks isnt it?
You sir are lucky. But to call some of the most talented musicians of our time widdlers is a bit harsh.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote