Music Banter - View Single Post - Spanish language music anyone?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #89 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementine View Post
Where in Spain are you? the other day a friend of mine showed me this song and I just loved it

Soy madrileño. I'm from Madrid, like Marwan. Yes, there is an interesting generation of young singers-songwriters born in the city, like Ismael Serrano and Javier Álvarez:

Russian Red (I mentioned her at this another thread) is from Madrid too, although she sings in English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant1Seattle View Post
Not a huge fan of this guy. "Mexican Institute of Sound" You can look it up on youtube (again I would embed if I could) , look up a song called "Cumbia" (really dig the samples he uses).

Pretty fun Latin flavored dance music. That particular song really does not have lyrics, but he does have songs that use the "spanish language".

Pura Vida Vatos!
Yep, the M.I.S. (pseudonym of Camilo Lara) is quite known. I like El Micrófono ("The Microphone") and Alocatel:

Another well-known Mexican act with a similar style (at least in some songs): Plastilina Mosh.

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 12-02-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote