Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Beautiful Female Musician
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 12:27 AM   #611 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
I'm sure she's considered "clinically obsese" on the BMI scale, but most of us are well aware that the BMI has been proven to be complete bunk. Being considered clinically obese on the BMI scale says nothing about one's mobility or health, nor does it say anything about one's attractiveness. Your assumptions that she couldn't "do 2 minutes on a Stairmaster" or "run from a rabid dog" are based on her appearance alone, and no actual knowledge of her mobility. If you've ever seen the Gossip live, as I have, many times, Beth is very mobile on stage.
I'd welcome you to share a video of her placing top 10 in a marathon, and while I admit that her weight may be the only physical "complication" (for lack of a better word, since you don't seem to accept obesity as being related to health) she experiences, the scientific evidence is that overweight and obese people are prone to health risks as a direct result of their weight.

None of what I am arguing is about her attractiveness; I definitely think a curvy-to-overweight woman is entirely capable of being gorgeous, I just don't think it's accurate of you to paint her as the picture of health given what we do know about obesity and its health risks. Truth be told, we're both making assumptions about her health, the difference being that yours seem to be based on wishful thinking, whilst mine are based on what we know of health and the complications of obesity.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote