Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Beautiful Female Musician
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #612 (permalink)
thirtiesgirl
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I'd welcome you to share a video of her placing top 10 in a marathon, and while I admit that her weight may be the only physical "complication" (for lack of a better word, since you don't seem to accept obesity as being related to health) she experiences, the scientific evidence is that overweight and obese people are prone to health risks as a direct result of their weight.
As are an equal amount of people who maintain the standard thin body image. And why does a fat person need to prove their mobility to you by running a marathon? Is the ability to run a marathon the only predictor of a person's health and mobility? Hardly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
None of what I am arguing is about her attractiveness; I definitely think a curvy-to-overweight woman is entirely capable of being gorgeous, I just don't think it's accurate of you to paint her as the picture of health given what we do know about obesity and its health risks. Truth be told, we're both making assumptions about her health, the difference being that yours seem to be based on wishful thinking, whilst mine are based on what we know of health and the complications of obesity.
I'm not "painting her as the picture of health," as you say, or assuming that's she's healthy. What I've said is that you can't make assumptions about a fat person's health simply based on their appearance. I don't know any more about Beth's health than you do, which is why I've said nothing on the subject other than we can't make any assumptions about it. I don't judge anyone's health or anyone's appearance, as the two are very often not related.