Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Beautiful Female Musician
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 12:49 AM   #613 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
As are an equal amount of people who maintain the standard thin body image.
Completely true. In fact, I made that comment on the last page as well. I don't disagree.

Quote:
I'm not "painting her as the picture of health," as you say, or assuming that's she's healthy. What I've said is that you can't make assumptions about a fat person's health simply based on their appearance. I don't know any more about Beth's health than you do, which is why I've said nothing on the subject other than we can't make any assumptions about it. I don't judge anyone's health or anyone's appearance, as the two are very often not related.
I think there's an extent to which you have a reasonable point, but that it's not unfair and absurd to (generally) consider it an indicator of health, the exact same way that jaundice, or being underweight, or having a massive headwound can indicate an illness or injury. My point isn't that she's going to suffer a pulmonary embolism any second, it's simply that yes, she could be healthier. She's not AS healthy AS she CAN be, even if it's not causing her a great deal of trouble. I'm definitely not saying she can't live a normal life or be attractive to anybody.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote