Music Banter - View Single Post - Maroon 5
Thread: Maroon 5
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #44 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

I just watched these guys get bashed for what I assume was being soulless. In the words of a famous sailor "thats all I can stands, I can't stands no more."

Leave it to the musically sloppy to not have artsy-ambiance shoved into their slobbering mugs and decree something as soulless. I see them all too often portrayed as something your mother can listen to. Maybe thats so, but whats that got to do with the music. This is a band endorsed by Prince. Your mother, by the way, also listens to Prince.

I think what throws people is that, vocally, they can land somewhere between Matchbox 20 and Savage Garden. Thats valid, they don't sound like a perverted sex midget, Anglo-Saxon poltergeists, or the grave-gargling cookie monsters.

If you're walking past someone you might confuse them for Disco or Under the Influence of Giants but I think the song-writing is on par with early police and they have a little James Brown in them. The drummer could get some flavor, but I love the twin guitars and the bass player knows how to sell a song.

So what the hell is wrong with these guys?