Music Banter - View Single Post - How many albums do you own?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #52 (permalink)
neverthesame
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
That's awfully arrogant and pretentious of you, to assume these things when you clearly haven't gone through them yourself. Considering you admit to having very few albums, maybe you shouldn't try to speak for those who have a larger collection? Perhaps they can handle an amount you can't, and can "really listen" to all of it at the same time. Just saying.
Ok, that's a bit aggressive - I didn't want to start anything. Look, I never suggested I was more of a fan, or a better fan than anyone else, or other people are in any way wrong. In fact I specified the opposite.

I'm just looking at this mathematically. If you have 1000 albums, and listen to 3 different albums every day of your life, you still only get to hear each of them once a year! Multiple thousands of albums, and it's far less frequently. And that's not including new music you're buying. That just wouldn't work for me.

I never said there was anything wrong with it. Are we not allowed to talk about stuff unless we've directly experienced it now? Should I just reply with a number and leave it at that? Great conversation that would be.

(by the way, if my ~700 albums is "very few", then we're completely on another scale again)
neverthesame is offline   Reply With Quote