Music Banter - View Single Post - Headphones for guitar?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
The 515s are, especially compared with other sennheisers, pretty good value for money.
You still have to like the pushy, bassy sound sennheisers produce.
I think most sennheisers are very tiring to listen to.
The only one I've liked so far was the cheap ass Manhattan. That's actually pretty good .

Using an adapter should mean a decrease in sound quality, but I can't say I really hear it. I wouldn't be too bothered about that. I must say though that most more expensive headphones already have an 1/4" plug. There's also adapters that go from 1/4 to 1/8"
This. I highly recommend Grado headphones over anything sennheiser. the SR60i headphones in particular are about the best value for money headphones on earth. Open air type headphones, very neutral, balanced sound quality. Perhaps a little dip in the midrange compared to the best of the best, and the SR80's have bigger bass, but for the price they absolutely cannot be beaten.

Also, RE: Bose - I work for a UK Hi-fi company, and I will weigh in on the side that says Bose gear sells on the name alone. They are great at marketing, but I've seen and heard a lot of their equipment and headphones and haven't been impressed at any point, particularly not with acoustimass or their much vaunted clock radios, which sound terrible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote