Music Banter - View Single Post - Crimes Against Music
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

I've got one for you. It's a crime against Math Rock and all of the other instrumental music with weird time signatures. Now, I present to you:

Dayvan Cowboy's Boring Rant On Modern Day (unoriginal) Math Rawk

Now, I'm guessing that all of you guys have heard at least one math rock song, and I'm praying that the song you listened to was by the earlier math rawk bands like Hella or Don Cab. If you haven't listen to this. It's widely accepted as the best math song ever.

Now, onto my rant. I've been noticing a lot of VERY bland modern math rock bands. I mean, what happened to the late nineties/early 2000's Math scene? IT was jolly, it was careless, and it was different. Now, I'm hearing terrible Hella clones and blatant Don Cab ripoffs. Hell, even Don Cab has become a rip-off of themselves. Now, where are all of the good math rock bands? they're overshadowed by drooling idiots who think they're edgy for sounding EXACTLY like Tera Melos. honestly, just stop it.

How do we stop this? Make Battles go back to making math rock, get Ian Williams and Erich Ehm back into Don Cab, get Storm&Stress back together again, Teach Math Rockers to play TOTALLY INDIE LOL instruments with unique sounds and try to not copy Hold Your Horse Is for the billionth time. Honestly, I'm sick of this. Every time you make another boring math rock album, Ian Williams cries. Please think of poor Ian! STOP THE MADNESS!

here's a comparison between good math rock and bad:

NOT GOOD

THE IMPROV GENIUS OF IAN WILLIAMS!

Last edited by Dayvan Cowboy; 12-17-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote